eyeReview: Maxwell

Disclaimer: This is a really bad review [lol] I'm not into this type of music, but I'm doing it by request. Also, the album did not drop yet so there may or may not be more than 9 tracks on there.

Here's my review for Maxwell's "BLACKsummers'night" album; which drops this Tuesday, July 7th. I wouldn't normally listen to Maxwell, but it was a request so bare with me on this one. To me this is the type of album I would listen to go to sleep, not fall asleep, but go to sleep! Meaning, I really didn't care for listening to it, but it's not as bad as I'm making it seem. There are nine tracks and of those I will say that eyelike two, maybe three of them; which are Bad Habits, Fistful of Tears and Pretty Wings. I really like these songs, the instruments and you can just do a light two step to 'em. This is definitely an album for the mature R&B, neo-soul heads out there. Three of nine isn't bad at all especially since one of the tracks, Pheonix Tise, is a straight instrumental track. I can see me listening to this when I'm married, maybe doing laundry or just in the house by myself singing like no one's watching, and then my kids just walk in on me [lol]. Besides me being bias, I would give the album 4.3 of feyeve stars. Maybe it just has to grow on me, but overall, good job Maxy!



l o v e . l i v e . i n s p i r e . = e l l e . e l l e . e y e .

P.S. Here's the track listing:

1. Bad Habits
2. Cold
3. Fistful of Tears
4. Help Somebody
5. Love You
6. Pheonix Tise
7. Playing Possum
8. Pretty Wings
9. Stop This World

*These tracks may appear differently on the actual album.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)