eyeLive: The Life of A Poet "Choose"

I received a comment on my last poem that inspired me to post another one. So here is, Choose. Happy reading!

If you can look me in my face and tell me you don’t feel anything
There’s no point in me wearing this promise ring
I held in my emotions even when I felt neglected
But it’s my entire fault for letting you put me second
On our first date you said I was a blessing
And it would hurt if I found that my status was lessened

But life goes on and we all learn lessons
It’s just that in my heart I though that we were destined
We both were shy but I could look into your eyes
And tell that soon enough you would let me inside
And you say you don’t regret anything we did
Even though it was unusual you know, the way we lived

I don’t want it to be you me and her
So if it was just us three on this earth
And God told you to choose, win or lose
I hope that you would look me in my eyes
Take my hand and not play me for a fool

But who is to know if you would make that decision
Since I don’t have all of your heart
Just imagine what you’re missing
If you like my kisses and hugging
And think that it’s a little more than something
Choose me and you can get all of my loving

If you had to choose between me and her
Take into account that I was here first
And I know I’m not officially your girl
But the truth is
The truth is
I’m in love with you


l o v e . l i v e . i n s p i r e . = e l l e . e l l e . e y e .

6 comments:

  1. Greg-sterR* said...:

    dis poem is another hit!
    ahhh.. decisions decisions
    we're all faced with them
    wheather we want to be or not

    idk if this actually pertains to u
    or not
    but my comentary can be taken generally or personally...
    but its saddening to hear that a "man" has to make this decision

    i mean he prob was treated like royalty
    only to find that u mite not b good enuf?
    u r good enuf.. n if he doesnt c it
    hes the one not good enuf
    personally i value my relationship wit my gurl
    n i feel this senario never shuld be.
    but u kno what they say
    ... if u love 'em, set 'em free
    and if they come back, u always had them
    and if they dont... well, u never really had them in the first place.

    i absolutely loved the poem Ms. Tiff
    thanks soo much 4 posting it!
    =]
    -Greg

    ps... this rite her should be a twitter trending topic, or a topic 4 ur blog.. should or shouldnt a person be faced with a decision like this...

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Yea it saddens me to hear this too... especially since this is happens way too often, but i kinda look at it like this.. u cant get a blessing if theres something blocking it, and so, this situation may just be blocking whats on its way.. feel me?
    ::sigh:: .... 

  1. Jaz said...:

    What goes on in this mind of your? Too much! Who is this about? I need to know girl cuz if its who I think it is we need to have a long talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -the big sis you dont tell shit anymore!

  1. Greg - This was a personal situation, but it's in the past now so I'm not even worried about it. She can have him. But thanks for the advice.

    Anonymous- I feel you. ::wink wink::

    Jaz- LOL I'll call you girl! Its not about who you think it's about though.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    word? you got skills like this? this if tuff i think its ashame that good girls have to go through this but i have to say niggas r jus dumb

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Yo! Bunches this is crazy...
    Now you know what my question is going to be...
    Who is this about. I see some hints in there but idk...

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)