effFriday: eyeSpy Something effFLY!

I'm sure we were all surprised when Dawn Richard (formerly of Danity Kane) debuted her new hairdo on the live season finale of Making the Band 4, but did we love it? I do, I think the whole weave and long hair thing has been overdone by some people, so I'm personally happy that Dawn went for a change. With this new look she exudes a new positive attitude, which is prevalent through her tweets on Twitter. Dawn makes the cut for this week's effFriday: eyeSpy Something....effF L Y! She recently was interviewed by Honey Magazine and below I have some photos from her photo shoot and an excerpt from the interview:

Honey: Now, we gotta talk about the fashion swag real quick.
Dawn: Owww, and the hair that's giving you rockstar but past it. Like I'm a rockstar and more.
Honey: Ok, so let's talk about the hair. New look?
Dawn: New look, new Dawn! You know I was with Danity Kane for awhile and it was great. I had the long joint and it was hot, but you know I'm moving on to a new chapter in my life. I wanted to start something different. I am working with Puff on the album Last Train To Paris, and we just wanted to separate me from what people are used to seeing from Making the Band and everything. I think it was time for a change. My spirit changed, my life changed, and I think I wanted to head into a more "me" direction. The more "Dawn when I was growing up," like Green Day was my first concert... so the rock Dawn, the one that I know. I got up with this amazing guy Larry, who does Victoria Beckham, Queen Latifah, like you name it. All the short joints, all the long joints, Laurie Ann Gibson. He hooked me up, cut me, and we loved it. And I am not even looking back, I am forever now a bald head girl (laughs), and I am okay with it.


l o v e . l i v e . i n s p i r e . = e l l e . e l l e . e y e .

For the full Honey Magazine interview and more photos, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)