eyeread vintage: The Giving Tree

When was the last time you even saw this book?

The classic piece written by Shel Silverstein in 1964 tells the story of a relationship between a boy and a tree. Anything the young child asks for such as a branch to swing from or an apple to eat, the tree gives without hesitation. As the boy gets older, he asks for more such as branches to build a house. In the most selfless act, the tree also offers itself so that the boy can build a boat. The story ends with the tree merely a stump. Yet, it still offers the boy (who is now an old man), a place to sit, and grants him rest.

I remember reading this book as a child and comparing the relationship between the tree and boy to that of God and creation. He loved mankind so much so He gave up His only son that we might experience salvation.

When was the last time you gave to someone selflessly?

Drop a buzz.

Urstrulee,

KareemaBee

Spread Love. Live life. Be Inspired.

Proud supporter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Source: The Giving Tree, Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. You give me the childhood I never had lol...I can't wait to read these books to my children one day. Love this and how you connected it to how selfless God is.

  1. KareemaBee said...:

    Me too! I use this to connect with my inner-child. Thanks Tiff.

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)