Scared of Lonely

What is your biggest fear?

How do you scale such a thing? Most people would say death, seeing as though it is the epitome of finality, anything short of that is reversible (barring certain travesties but that's another topic). he reason I ask this today, is because I have heard many people tell me that their biggest fear is being alone. It has made me pause every time I have heard it. I love great company and value the dependability in others, regardless of what element it is in; but I question, was I not born alone?

I don't remember anyone being connected to my hip when I came into this world, so should I not be trained to have only two people to answer to - myself and the most high. I struggle with this, and by no means have I negated the importance of my child (whom I must consider in every decision that I make), but I know for a fact the most vulnerable moments I have met in life is when I have found myself "afraid to be alone." So what is to be made of this?


In this present moment I must deal with facts, and fact is when I am not afraid of being by myself, I feel empowered, independent, capable, and most importantly comfortable with myself.

What are you afraid of? Comment.

- Basquiat

Spread Love. Live life. Be Inspired.
Proud supporter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

4 comments:

  1. Reg said...:

    My biggest fear is standing alone for something that I believe in. But if it's the right thing then I don't mind. I don't fear being alone, but standing alone fills you with agony. If I can't get people to be on my side then I feel like I have failed. So in a sense I fear failure as well.

  1. KareemaBee said...:

    No worries Reg..remember some of the greatest triumphs have come from people who had to stand alone and keep moving despite their fear. As long as u always keep trying, u don't have to worry about failing. No one is perfect.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Im afraid of being alone as far as love. I dont want to be single forever

  1. KareemaBee said...:

    That's real Anonymous. Keep in mind love always starts with yourself and a higher power first. You depend on a human too much, you may be disappointed...it's crazy love always comes when you least expect it.

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)