A Passion for Service

Caring is sharing, I've heard said and I agree. In many cases we as a people are helped; individually and collectively. It may not be possible that we always have something to spare, but assistance is not always monetary. It can be good advice, or even an ear to listen. I wake up everyday grateful for my support system and the blessings I have received from up above. I encourage everyone not take one moment for granted, and when able, HELP ANOTHER.


I would like to pass on some information regarding opportunities to lend a hand in NYC:


- Now, through April 22nd you can donate lightly warn shoes to Soles4Souls who are collecting said items in an effort to fight the war on poverty, and help those in need of shoes. You can drop your donation off to Community Christian Church located at 145 W. 110th Street or visit their website for more locations.


- This coming Sunday, April 3rd non-profit Best Buddies helps students with intellectual disabilities. The second Annual Best Buddies NYC Friendship Walk will be held in Washington Square Park. Check in is at 930 A.M. and there is no registration fee.


Get out in the community and be of service. What better way to live, spread inspiration and love?!


Spread Love. Live life. Be Inspired.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    You can also visit local soup kitchens. I know many churches that do soup kitchens on saturdays

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)