eyeReview: The Element of Freedom

Songs in A Minor, As I Am and The Diary of Alicia Keys, three great albums from one great artist, Alicia Keys! And with hits like "Doesn't Mean Anything", "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart" and "Put it in A Love Song", there's no doubt in my mind that The Element of Freedom will be yet another accomplishment for this singer/songwriter/actress.

Keys delivered with a slightly different approach on this project than most of her fans may be used to, but it works. With her 80s sounds, synthesizers, eclectic blend, and collaborations with Beyoncé, and Drake (who she said she wouldn't mind working with a few months back on 106 & Park). The only thing I was hoping for was her ill arrangement of harmonies; which there was a lack of compared to As I Am. Instead, her percussion and instrumental approach on the album made up for it.


Besides the singles that she has already released, I love "That's How Strong My Love Is", "Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready) featuring Drake, "This Bed" and "Though it All". The album is great and definitely one of those that you can listen to from beginning to end! Great job Alicia! You get 4.5 eyes!

Cop Alicia's The Element of Freedom today!



Spread Love. Live Life. Be Inspired.

t i f f a n y
Proud supporter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

1 comments:

  1. Destiny said...:

    Loved every minute of the album (except for empire state of mind pt 2). My favorite song is Unthinkable. Great review.

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)