Skye's the Limit

Today's Toast To Repost is:
Skye's The Limit
An interview with Skye Townsend

She's an aspiring singer, songwriter, actress and fashionista! Who, you might ask? Skye Townsend. Yes, Skye is someone you might want to keep an eye on for the future. At just 16-years-old, this young lady has a fire burning deep within that will make her a superstar. Born the daughter of actor, comedian, film director, and writer, Robert Townsend, there's no doubt in our minds that Skye will continue on to do great things. elleELLEeye sat down with Skye (who was accompanied by her best friend Malcolm) and had an east coast to west coast interview via USTREAM. If you missed it live, here's what happened:


When did you start singing?
I was 3-years-old when I started singing.

Do you remember your first performance?
Yes, it was so scary, but I sang "Real Situation" by Bob Marley.

We know that you're a fan of Beyonce, but besides her, who inspires you to pursue music?
Definitely Billy Holiday and Lena Horne.

We saw the Angelique and Skye show on YouTube, are you also considering acting or comedy as a career?
Right now I’m training to become an actress.

What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not making YouTube videos, singing or in school?
Sleep. It's important to get rest and take care of your body.

Do you play any instruments?
I used to play piano when I was younger, but I wasn't disciplined enough to stick with it.

Do you participate in any talent shows in school?
My school doesn't really have any shows like that, but I do participate in anything artistic.

Have you had any offes from record labels yet?
Righ now I can't dicuss that, but I am still unsigned and looking for a deal. I'm focusing on my singing and songwriting.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Oreo Cheesecake.

If you could do a collaboration with any male/female artist who would it be and why?
There are so many amazing people in the industry but I would work with anyone who has a lot of passion and drive. If I had to pick I would work with Wyclef, he's a genius.

What do you want the world to know about Skye?
That I am motivated and serious about what I do. And that I eat, sleep and breathe music.

What’s next for Skye?
I've been working on designing some fashion pieces. I plan to sell these pieces starting bids at $.99 on eBay.com. Other than that, I'm focusing on my singing and songwriting.


We wish Skye the best in all of her endeavors! Keep up with what's she's doing via:

MySpace
Twitter
and YouTube [Angelique & Skye Show].


Spread Love. Live Life. Be Inspired.

t i f f a n y & DANiE

Proud supporters of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)