eyeInspire: Do It Afraid

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

Fear is an emotion. Although there are times where fear seems so much greater than just a feeling, in all actuality, that's all it is. How many times can you recall when you let fear get the best of you, and prevent you from overcoming a challenge or doing something great in life? Personally, I can think of several occasions where I allowed fear to consume me instead of conquering it. After visiting youth night at Crenshaw Christian Center, I heard something that touched me and it was so simple; "Do it afraid".

I hear many people question the reason behind God placing challenges, roadblocks and struggles in our lives, but He's doing it for a reason! No matter how cliche that may sound, it's true. God doesn't want us to ignore our feelings of fear or doubt, but He wants to bring us through those fearful situations to show us that He was there and never left us. If we have faith and are fully committed to walking with God, then what do we really have to be afraid of? We're not perfect, nor are we machines, so these feelings are the things that make us human. When we are afraid, we can call on God, ask for His help, and continue on in faith knowing that He will bring us through yet another situation.


If you want to challenge yourself in the hopes of increasing your faith in God, go out on a limb and do something you've been afraid to do. Just because you say you'll do it doesn't mean that the fear will disappear, maybe it will, maybe it won't. But for some chance or reason, you still feel fearful, the do it afraid.

Agree? Disagree? COMMENT!

♥ t i f f a n y
Spread Love. Live life. Be Inspired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)